This is the privacy notice of RA Flatt Residential Letting Ltd. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to RA Flatt Residential Letting Ltd.
Our registered office for RA Flatt Residential Letting Ltd is located at:
RA Flatt Residential Letting Ltd
28 Hewlett Rd, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 6AA
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with UK law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately. Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site, or when you register with us via our website, by email, telephone, or in person.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our website or because you give it to us via our website, or by email, telephone, or in person, and why it is necessary to collect it:
- Basic identification and contact information
This information is used:
- 1.1. To allow us to send information to you when managing enquiries on and offline;
- 1.2. To provide you with the letting/management services which you request from us;
- 1.3 To allow us to administer your records;
- 1.4 To allow us to credit reference (applicable to potential Tenants of RA Flatt Residential Letting Ltd;
- 1.5 for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- 1.6 for marketing our services and products;
- 1.7 Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a page or service.
Communication send to RA Flatt Residential Letting Ltd for the reasons listed above is considered essential to the provision of services that we can provide.
- Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to use or buy a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
- Your domain name and e-mail address
Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded
We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically.
This information is used:
- 3.1 To correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- 3.2 In a collective way not referable to any individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- 3.3 to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- 3.4 to tell you about other of our services.
- Financial information
When you have agreed to set up a standing order mandate or be paid by bank transfer, the information you have given to us is passed to your own bank for processing according to our instructions. We do keep a copy.
- Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
- Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us during the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
We keep information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- 7.2 to allow essential parts of our website to operate for you.
- 7.3 to operate our content management system.
- 7.4 to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our website and deleted when you close your browser.
- 7.5 to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- 7.6 to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- 7.7 to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- 7.8 to record your activity during a webcast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- 7.9 to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- 7.10 to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
- Calling our office
When you call our office, we may collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our helpline.
- Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide you with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business/organisation. We may keep personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter of our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
- Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us by email at email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
- Sale of your personal information
We do not rent or sell any of your information to any person outside our business.
- Data may be “processed” outside the UK
Our website is hosted in the EU. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK may be “processed” outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
- Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website and/or database, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information. In general, we will retain your information for the following time frames:
– Tenants and Landlords: 7 years
– Applicants/Enquirers/Phone calls: 3 months